Monday, June 1, 2009

On To Other Things

Lately I haven't been writing in my blog because I've chosen to dedicate as much of my time as possible to creating a website. The website is called "The Village Life". My vision is to create an online community for families to connect with other families and generate opportunities to create a modern urban "village" life.
Right now I am focusing on the "Feed The Farm" section, which has a local-eating guide, a farm visit guide, and has specific information about local organic, sustainable and biodynamic farmers. In the course of researching all of this I have been surprised to find some very interesting locally grown foods and I have spoken to many articulate and intelligent farmers dedicated to nourishing their land and their neighbors.
I am also planning on including a clothing/gear exchange, community networking forums, and school and care-provider review forums, among other things.
Needless to say, this is taking all of my time so I'm not sure if I'll be writing much here in this blog. I am thoroughly enjoying this work for the website. I don't know where it will lead but I have such a passion for what I'm doing that I'm not too worried about that right now.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds awesome! More need to step up and do these kinds of things. It's needed now more than ever. Enjoy yourself. :) Wow!

    ReplyDelete