Sunday, May 3, 2009

Day 1: Anything is Better Than Nothing

I fasted all day on Saturday and it was pretty horrible. The first half of the day I was OK but as the day progressed I began to feel more and more weak. I thought I would have become grumpy but instead I just started to fade away. I remembered that McFadden (the guy who wrote the book I am following for this diet) said that the more body fat you have the longer you should fast. Since I have like 18% body fat I decided that one day of fasting was enough. This was sort of a no-brainer when I woke up this morning with a major vertigo spell. I was so weak and my head was spinning so much I was going to vomit, pass out or both. But I immediately began drinking some of my yogurt and felt much better within an hour.

So today is Day 1 instead of tomorrow. But that's OK. I didn't get my milk until about 1 PM today so until then I had to have my yogurt (which was fine) and my kefir (which I had let sit too long and was therefore quite sour and the unhappy consistency of runny yogurt). The milk tasted sweet as pie when I finally got some!

So far my impressions are thus:
I am glad I have this blog because I need all the motivation I can get to keep doing this.
I have no idea in the world how I'm going to get through this month.
Milk is delicious but a cup an hour gets old after about 3 hours when that is all you can consume.
Yogurt sweetened with bananas is delightful and I miss it.
I miss all food. Food is wonderful and I look enviously at all of the sane people in this world who have no desire to do an exclusive raw milk diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment