Friday, May 1, 2009

I Will Miss Salad

Check out other great posts at http://www.foodrenegade.com/fight-back-fridays-may-1st/

On the eve of my fast I chose to eat Corned Beef Hash. How sick is that?! I didn't really choose per se, I just didn't plan well. The corned beef hash was good though. It was my first time making and eating this dish. As I was eating it though I was thinking that I should have made some steak with mushrooms instead, one of my favorites. But I think I will miss salad the most!

Tomorrow and the next day I will be fasting on water, and more water. Ho-hum. This is the least exciting part of this whole thing for me. I don't do well with no food.

Before I begin this "diet" I really want to have my blood work done to see what my TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone), T3, T4 (thyroid hormones) and my antibodies (Hashimoto's indicators). The problem is that the insurance company doesn't want to pay because I just recently got tested. I'm still debating whether or not to do the test anyway. I really want to see if the raw milk diet has an effect on those indicators.

I know it is not as objective but before starting I do want to note how I feel overall.

I am pretty flexible and don't feel like my muscles are tight or tense (even without yoga in the past week).
I have plenty of energy as long as I get 8 hours of sleep; anything less and I feel tired but not exhausted.
It takes me about 15 minutes to fall asleep at night.
I remember my dreams about once a week or so.
I sleep fairly deeply.
I often tense my jaw and sometimes I grind my teeth at night.
I have a strong feeling of contentment emotionally.
I feel very relaxed (in general).
Lately my endorphins are pulsing pretty regularly (I can feel them).
My right foot is occasionally tingly and/or swollen (down from daily and in all 4 limbs about 2 months ago)
My right hand and right foot "fall asleep" in the night about once or twice a week (down from nightly about 1 month ago)
My cheeks are red but I have only a small amount of acne (compared to pretty visible chronic rosacea about 7 months ago)
I sometimes get a small rash on my hand where my rings are.
My feet tend to have dry skin and some calluses.
My hands get dry if I am too lazy to use my rubber gloves religiously.
If I eat something that is not a protein after awhile of not eating I get a head rush.
Sometimes I feel dizzy if I stand or sit up too quickly.
Possible TMI: I rarely have gas and I have pretty frequent bowel movements but sometimes it is a little dry and pellet-like (there I wrote it).
I weigh about 124 lbs and I have about 18% body fat.

So that's about it I think. I am excited about starting this but a little nervous. I've met a few naysayers. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment