Monday, May 4, 2009

Day 2: Now I Know What It's Like To Be A Starving Artist

OK, I miss food. But I do feel much better than yesterday. By 7 PM tonight I will have consumed 102 ounces of milk, yogurt or kefir. I did the math this morning. I would start at 7 AM and drink 6 ounces every 45 minutes throughout the day until 7 PM. For some reason I did the math a little wrong though because I thought that would add up to a gallon but now I realize that it is a little less than a gallon (a gallon is 128 ounces). And I am a little hungry so tomorrow I'll shoot for a gallon.

I am normally a person who does too much thinking. I'm always planning and organizing. I'm also one who lives by the laws of common sense. I am punctual, fast-paced, and aggressive (you can imagine how I drive). I'm not a spacey-type of person and I always lament that I'm not as creative as I would like to be. So, it came as a surprise to me today that I was very lucid in certain areas (like speaking to farmers about how they divide up a 1/4 of a cow and the politics of small-scale farming) but for the most part I am a total space-case.

It has taken a bit of effort to remember exactly what it was I was doing. I've been driving like someone who has no particular place to go. And I've spent long moments staring off into space thinking about nothing. I also took a long leisurely nap with my daughter. These are pretty much positive things for me because I do need to slow down.

But I also feel a slight sense of panic that has come with the apparent loss of control. I like to have my house clean and to be operating right on schedule. But in order to keep up to my usual standards I would have to muster up the strength and willpower that I seem to be saving for something else. So I suppose that I'm letting the housekeeping go and the cooking (a little) and just kind of going with the flow of things and not worrying about time as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment