Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 10: Still Hanging In There

I have a headache. Well, I've had it since last night to be honest. I'm also frustrated because after getting through last week and feeling great on the full-fat milk I just want to keep going. I don't even crave steak or burgers anymore. So it's annoying that again I don't feel well.

I had another cup of beef stock today too. I'm going to run out and since I don't have any more knuckle or marrow bones I'm going to buy a yellow-fin red snapper tomorrow and make some fish stock. The stock feels like rocket fuel when I drink it. It's pretty amazing. I've been reading Nina Planck's book "Real Food" and she talks about the health benefits of stock. The fat gives a huge boost to your immune system, the gelatin helps your body utilize the protein and the whole thing is rich in easily digestible calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus. And it tastes good too.

Back to my rich, white, scrumptious milk. It is unfathomable that I still love the taste, smell and texture of the stuff! And the milky milk feeling in my mouth after a nice cold glass. We shall see what tomorrow holds. I hope I feel better.
Oh, I almost forgot, I'm up to 122.5 pounds. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment